Mather Hospital has revised its visitation guidelines effective June 19, 2020.
Please follow these guidelines for the safety of our patients, visitors and team members:
– Visitation is from 4pm – 8pm, 7 days per week.
– Two visitors must be pre-identified by the patient.
– Only one visitor at a time will be permitted at the bedside.
– Visitors are not permitted to visit with patients on the Transitional Care Unit (TCU).
– Visitors are not permitted to visit with patients on the Adult Behavioral Health Unit.
– One visitor is permitted for 2 – 1 hour periods daily on the Adolescent Behavioral Health Unit.
– Visitors are not permitted in the Emergency Department or Ambulatory Surgery area.
– Visits are limited no more than four hours per day per patient.
– Visitors must undergo symptom and temperature checks upon entering the facility.
– A hospital-issued mask must be worn by visitors at all times.
– Visitors must wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for isolation rooms as required.
– All visitors must present ID when entering our facility. All visitors must wear a visitor badge. To obtain a badge please see Security Desk at Main Entrance.
– All visitors must be greater than 18 years of age.
– Visitors must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer upon arrival and when leaving the patient’s room.
– Visitors must avoid physical contact, such as hugging, with the patient.
– Visitors are not permitted to wear personal gloves upon entry into the facility.
– Visitors are not permitted access to hospital pantries—please ask staff for assistance.
– Visitors are not permitted to visit with patients who are on precautions for COVID-19.
– Visitors must remain in the patient’s room throughout the visit except when directed by hospital staff to leave for procedures (during which visitors are normally asked to leave the room).
Thank you for your efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Mather Hospital strives to make all hospital stays as pleasant as possible for our patients and we understand how therapeutic visits from family and friends can be. In addition to our general unit visiting hours, when no other health issue prevents it, you may be able to make special arrangements through your nurse.
Patients have the right to choose who can and cannot visit, and may select their priority support persons if visitation is restricted. Priority visitors may include any support persons chosen by the patient.
Mather Hospital is a smoke-free, tobacco-free campus.
For our patients’ benefit, we ask that you respect the following guidelines:
- Please do not come to the hospital if you have a cold, a rash, a fever, the flu or other communicable disease.
- All visitors should wash their hands before entering and after leaving a patient’s room.
- Visitors are limited to two per patient at one time. Passes are available at the front desk.
- Please set your cell phone or other electronic device to vibrate or turn it off while in the hospital.
- The use of any camera, audio or video recording is prohibited.
- No latex balloons are allowed anywhere in the hospital as many people are severely allergic to latex. Please check with individual unit nurses for any restrictions on flowers, outside food or wearing perfumes or colognes.
- Smoking is prohibited on the Mather Hospital campus.
Please see our Visitor Code of Conduct.