NYS Department of Health Advisory: COVID-19 Patient Visitation
Effective immediately, all visitation except when medically necessary (i.e. visitor is essential to the care of the patient) or for family members or legal representatives of patients in imminent end-of-life situations has been suspended.
Thank you for your efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Mather Hospital strives to make all hospital stays as pleasant as possible for our patients and we understand how therapeutic visits from family and friends can be. In addition to our general unit visiting hours, you may be able to make special arrangements through your nurse.
Patients have the right to choose who can and cannot visit, and may select their priority support persons if visitation is restricted. Priority visitors may include any support persons chosen by the patient.
To make your visits more convenient, valet parking is available for just $5 a day at the Main Entrance Monday through Friday,during regular business hours.
Mather Hospital is a smoke-free, tobacco-free campus.
For our patients’ benefit, we ask that you respect the following guidelines:
- Please do not come to the hospital if you have a cold, a rash, a fever, the flu or other communicable disease.
- All visitors should wash their hands before entering and after leaving a patient’s room.
- Visitors are limited to two per patient at one time. Passes are available at the front desk.
- Please set your cell phone or other electronic device to vibrate or turn it off while in the hospital.
- The use of any camera, audio or video recording is prohibited.
- No latex balloons are allowed anywhere in the hospital as many people are severely allergic to latex. Please check with individual unit nurses for any restrictions on flowers, outside food or wearing perfumes or colognes.
- Smoking is prohibited on the Mather Hospital campus.
Please see our Visitor Code of Conduct.