Located adjacent to Mather Hospital, the Mather Hospital Auxiliary Thrift Shop offers savvy shoppers great merchandise at great prices. Managed and operated by a customer-oriented team of volunteers, all net proceeds from Thrift Shop sales benefit Mather Hospital.
The Thrift Shop, which has served the community for more than 40 years, is among the finest in the region. Every effort is made to ensure that merchandise is in near-new condition. Merchandise is replaced frequently to ensure that shoppers find something new each time they visit.
Our offerings include:
- Designer clothing, plus sizes, vintage clothing, junior clothes, shoes and handbags
- Men’s clothing, ties and shoes
- Household linens, curtains, fabrics and yarns
- Well-known dinnerware patterns and crystal merchandise as well as whimsical bric-a-brac
- Pots, pans, lamps, electrical items (all tested to ensure working order)
- Holiday merchandise presented seasonally
In addition to public sales, the Thrift Shop has relationships with local community organizations. For example, when donated materials are not viable for sale in the shop, they are offered to Dress for Success, Big Brothers and local shelters. Items such as comforters and blankets are often brought to pet centers.
75 N Country Rd
Port Jefferson, NY 11777
[view on map]
Drop offs are between the hours of 9 and 2 Monday-Saturday. We ask for all donations to be brought through our back door.
Items not accepted
Due to space issues, we cannot accept large items, furniture, or electronics. Please follow the recycling instructions for your town on how to discard these items.