Effective Friday, April 2, 2021, Mather Hospital is instituting limited visitation.
- Visitation hours will be from 3pm-6pm every day
- Patients may have up to two visitors but only one is allowed at the bedside at any given time.
- Inpatient visitation is only allowed in non-COVID med/surg units, critical care units, adolescent psych and Transitional Care Unit
- Exceptions will only be made for extenuating circumstances* as determined by hospital staff
We will be allowing an adult to accompany a patient during their visit to Mather in our outpatient/same day procedure areas and in our emergency room. The visitor will only be allowed to stay with the patient during the intake and discharge process. Exceptions will only be made in extenuating circumstances* as determined by hospital staff.
Additionally, all visitors must adhere to the following policies and practices:
- Visitors must undergo symptom and temperature checks upon entering the facility
- Visitors must wear face coverings at all times
- Visitors may be provided with and asked to wear additional appropriate personal protective equipment as recommended by CDC guidelines and hospital policy
- Visitors must remain in the patients room during the duration of their visit except when directed by Mather staff to leave during aerosol generating procedures or other procedures during which visitors are usually asked to leave
- Visitors will not be allowed to wait in the cafeteria or in any lobby areas. Exception, if someone is accompanying someone for a same day procedure and the lobby is the designated waiting area.
- Visitors who fail to wear a mask and other PPE as required will be asked to leave the facility and escorted out by security if necessary
Mather Hospital reserves the right to suspend visitation at any time when warranted.
*Circumstances involving end of life situations or for patients with intellectual, cognitive or developmental disabilities
We encourage visitors to remain closely connected to their loved ones through virtual visual means such as Skype or FaceTime.
Please also refer to New York State travel advisory requirements here. Visitors must also adhere to these criteria.
Thank you for your efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19.