Mather Hospital has revised its visitation guidelines effective June 19, 2020.
Please follow these guidelines for the safety of our patients, visitors and team members:
– Visitation is from 4pm to 8pm, 7 days per week.
– Two visitors must be pre-identified by the patient.
– Only one visitor at a time will be permitted at the bedside.
– Visitors are not permitted to visit with patients on the Transitional Care Unit (TCU).
– Visitors are not permitted to visit with patients on the Adult Behavioral Health Unit.
– One visitor is permitted for 2 – 1 hour periods daily on the Adolescent Behavioral Health Unit.
– Visitors are not permitted in the Emergency Department or Ambulatory Surgery area.
– Flower and balloon deliveries for patients are not available during this time.
– Visits are limited no more than four hours per day per patient.
– Visitors must undergo symptom and temperature checks upon entering the facility.
– A hospital-issued mask must be worn by visitors at all times.
– Visitors must wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) for isolation rooms as required.
– All visitors must present ID when entering our facility. All visitors must wear a visitor badge. To obtain a badge please see Security Desk at Main Entrance.
– All visitors must be greater than 18 years of age.
– Visitors must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer upon arrival and when leaving the patient’s room.
– Visitors must avoid physical contact, such as hugging, with the patient.
– Visitors are not permitted to wear personal gloves upon entry into the facility.
– Visitors are not permitted access to hospital pantries—please ask staff for assistance.
– Visitors are not permitted to visit with patients who are on precautions for COVID-19.
– Visitors must remain in the patient’s room throughout the visit except when directed by hospital staff to leave for procedures (during which visitors are normally asked to leave the room).
New York State Governor Andrew Cuomo, along with the governors of New Jersey and Connecticut, have issued a joint travel advisory that imposes a 14-day quarantine on travelers arriving from states experiencing a spike in COVID-19 infection rates. Visitors on self-quarantine based on this list should not visit.
Thank you for your efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Mather Hospital recognizes the importance of the support provided to our patients by family and friends. When no health issue prevents us, we offer open visiting hours to patients on Medical/Surgical floors, Telemetry, ICU, CCU and the Transitional Care Unit. All visitors to patients on these units enjoy full and equal visitation privileges consistent with the patient’s preference. Mather Hospital is committed to providing an environment that recognizes the uniqueness of each individual, with respect to race, gender, age, cultural background, socioeconomic status, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion and/or any other types of diversity.
Northwell Health is dedicated to providing leading-edge health care and world-class resources that meet the needs of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning, intersex, and asexual or allied (LGBT/LGBTQIA+) community. To learn more, click here.
There may be occasions when visiting will be restricted based on the needs of the patients and safety considerations for all patients. Such situations may include:
- The need to provide periods of rest and privacy for the patient and other patients that may be in their shared room.
- The need to address infection control issues.
- The need to provide time for diagnostic testing or when the patient is undergoing care interventions.
- When visitation may interfere with the care of other patients.
- Court order that prohibits visitation.
- Behavior presenting a direct risk or threat to the patient, hospital or others in the immediate environment.
Valet parking is currently suspended and will resume when the COVID-19 pandemic is over.