NYS Department of Health Advisory: COVID-19 Patient Visitation
Effective immediately, all visitation except when medically necessary (i.e. visitor is essential to the care of the patient) or for family members or legal representatives of patients in imminent end-of-life situations has been suspended.
Thank you for your efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19.
Mather Hospital recognizes the importance of the support provided to our patients by family and friends. We offer open visiting hours to patients on Medical/Surgical floors, Telemetry, ICU, CCU and the Transitional Care Unit. All visitors to patients on these units enjoy full and equal visitation privileges consistent with the patient’s preference. Mather Hospital is committed to providing an environment that recognizes the uniqueness of each individual, with respect to race, gender, age, cultural background, socioeconomic status, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion and/or any other types of diversity.
Northwell Health is dedicated to providing leading-edge health care and world-class resources that meet the needs of the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning, intersex, and asexual or allied (LGBT/LGBTQIA+) community. To learn more, click here.
There may be occasions when visiting will be restricted based on the needs of the patients and safety considerations for all patients. Such situations may include:
- The need to provide periods of rest and privacy for the patient and other patients that may be in their shared room.
- The need to address infection control issues.
- The need to provide time for diagnostic testing or when the patient is undergoing care interventions.
- When visitation may interfere with the care of other patients.
- Court order that prohibits visitation.
- Behavior presenting a direct risk or threat to the patient, hospital or others in the immediate environment.
For the convenience of our visitors, Valet Parking is available free of charge at the Main Entrance, Monday through Friday, during regular business hours.