Mather Hospital’s Behavioral Health Services offers a range of inpatient and outpatient programs for adults and adolescents dealing with mental health disorders, eating disorders and substance use disorders.
Mather is one of the few Long Island hospitals to offer inpatient and outpatient behavioral health services for both adolescents and adults. It is the only acute care hospital in Suffolk County with an adolescent psychiatric unit and an adolescent partial hospitalization program.
Psychiatric programs include:
- Inpatient Adult Psychiatric Unit
- Inpatient Adolescent Psychiatric Unit
- Adult Partial Hospitalization Program
- Adolescent Partial Hospitalization Program
- Eating Disorder Partial Hospitalization Program
- Mental Health Clinic
- Outpatient Psychiatric Physician Services
- Chemical Dependency Program
Mather’s Behavioral Health staff consists of psychiatrists, psychiatric nurse practitioners, psychiatric nurses, mental health technicians, psychiatric social workers, recreation therapists and certified alcohol and substance abuse counselors.