Occupational therapists specialize in helping individuals, school age through adult, optimize performance of activities of daily living including self-care and homemaking tasks. Individuals with a wide range of diagnoses including stroke, arthritis, and upper extremity injury may benefit from Occupational Therapy, as well as patients who have cognitive limitations and difficulty with tasks such as managing finances, taking medication, or shopping.
Our dedicated Occupational Therapy staff provides individualized assessments and develops a specialized rehabilitation program to maximize functional independence.
- Cognitive rehabilitation
- Desensitization and sensory re-education
- Education in post-surgical or post injury safety
- Ergonomics and activity modification
- Fabrication/training in use of orthotics for the upper extremity
- Manual therapy
- Neurological and stroke rehabilitation
- Scar management
- Therapeutic activities and exercise
- Therapeutic modalities
- Training in activities of daily living (i.e., bathing, dressing)
- Training in joint protection and energy conservation
- Use of adaptive equipment
- Visual assessment and retraining