From your Bariatric Nutrition Team
With the temperature rising, it’s great to be able to put a meal together without heating up the kitchen. Here is a familiar recipe with added protein and fiber that requires minimal preparation and no cooking.
(Makes 5 servings)
- 1 – 15 oz. can of white beans (small white, cannellini, great northern, etc.), drained and rinsed
- 3 cups cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 8 oz. bocconcini mozzarella cut in half or small pearl mozzarella
- 2 sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Handful of fresh basil, chopped or chiffonade (roll the leaves together then slice thinly)
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine beans, tomatoes, sun dried tomatoes, mozzarella, garlic, olive oil, salt & pepper.
- Sprinkle basil over the salad and drizzle with balsamic vinegar to finish.
- This recipe can be enjoyed either on its own, on top of a mixed green salad or as a tasty side dish with grilled chicken or fish.
Nutrition information per serving: 233 Cal.; 11.5g Fat; 20g Carbs; 5.5g Fiber; 13g Protein