From your Bariatric Nutrition Team
Why stress over week night meal? This recipe for sheet pan chicken, peppers and onions can be made in a snap for a quick, easy dinner. Super simple and easy clean up too!
- 2 tsp. paprika
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 large vidalia onion, sliced
- 10 – 12 baby bell peppers, cut in half, stemmed and seeded (or 3 regular bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1” strips; any color will do)
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 lb. of boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch strips (Tip: Use kitchen shears)
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- In a small bowl combine the spices, salt and pepper.
- Line a large sheet pan with foil. Spread the peppers, onions and chicken in a single layer on the sheet pan.
- Sprinkle the vegetables and chicken with the spice mix and drizzle with oil. Toss to coat evenly with the spices and oil, then spread the vegetables and chicken back into a single layer.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, tossing halfway through. Before serving check the internal temperature of the chicken. It should reach 165°F in the center.
Tip: To simplify this recipe further, you can use a packet of pre-made low-sodium fajita seasoning instead of measuring out the individual spices. Also, you can prep your veggies in advance and keep them in an airtight container until ready to use.