From your Bariatric Nutrition Team
Yes, it’s that time of year again! These wholesome treats are a great snack for lunchboxes or to take along to fuel you on an autumn hike. If you like the flavor profile of pumpkin pie you are sure to love this healthy nugget using many of the same ingredients.
Makes 8 servings or 16 bites.
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup unsalted canned pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons minced crystallized ginger
- Stir together oats, flaxseed, salt, spices and pecans.
- In a separate bowl mix together honey, almond butter & vanilla.
- Combine the honey mixture with the oat mixture and mix until fully combined.
- Stir in pumpkin and crystallized ginger and mix until combined.
- Use your hands (wet them first to prevent sticking) or a tablespoon scooper to form balls, and place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to set. The pumpkin bites can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Nutrition Facts: Calories 153, Protein 4g, Carbohydrates 22g (fiber 4g), Fat 6g, sodium 156 mg
Adapted from: https://www.cookinglight.com/recipe/pumpkin-spice-energy-bites