From Your Bariatric Nutrition Team
Want a light, satisfying breakfast to start the new year off right? This healthy recipe is a warm and satisfying way to start your day. Put the ingredients together the night before, and this dish will be ready when you wake up!
Makes 8 servings.
- 2 eggs
- 10 egg whites
- ½ cups milk
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large shallot or small onion, minced
- ½ cups chopped bell pepper
- ½ lb. mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup low fat shredded cheese
- 1 plum tomato, diced and seeds removed
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Add eggs and milk to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add spinach, garlic, onion, peppers, mushrooms, and pinch of salt and pepper
- Pour egg mixture into greased slow cooker.
- Sprinkle grated cheese and tomato on top.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours until set.
Nutrition information per serving: Calories 130, Protein 13g, Carbs 4g, Fat 5g
Tip: Reheat leftovers for breakfast the following day or serve over a salad for a nutritious lunch.