From your Bariatric Nutrition Team
Try this delicious low-carb faux potato salad made with cauliflower! By using cauliflower instead of potatoes, this is a much lower carb option than your typical potato salad. Enjoy!
Yield: six servings
- 1 small head of cauliflower, chopped into ½-inch pieces
- ½ cup low fat mayonnaise*
- 1 tsp. mustard (yellow will make the salad look amazing)
- ¼ cup chopped dill pickles (about ½ pickle)
- 1 tsp. pickle juice
- 1 stalk of celery chopped
- ¼ cup of chopped green onion
- 4 hard-boiled eggs chopped*
- Salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- Cover the cauliflower in a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes until the cauliflower is tender but not too soft. Drain well.
- Place the cauliflower, chopped eggs, pickle, onion, and celery in a large bowl.
- Add the mayo, pickle juice and salt and pepper and gently toss the ingredients to combine.
Nutrition information per serving: 113 Calories; 8g Fat; 2g Fiber; 5g Protein; 5g Carbs; 2g Sugar
*Recipe tweak idea: omit 2 egg yolks and replace half the mayo for mashed avocado to lower the calories from fat.