Healthier Chicken Cobb Salad
From your bariatric nutrition team
This healthier version of a traditional Cobb Salad omits the bacon to decrease saturated fat and sodium but keeps the flavor and nutritional value high from lean protein, crisp vegetables, and heart-healthy monounsaturated fat from avocado.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, 3-4 oz each
2 hardboiled eggs, cut in half
1 avocado, sliced
12 grape tomatoes, cut in half
1/4 cup corn kernels
1/4 cup blue cheese, crumbled
4 cups chopped lettuce or assorted dark leafy greens
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat indoor or outdoor grill to cook chicken.
- Season chicken breast with salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken on both sides until internal temperature reaches 165°.
- Slice chicken breast.
- Divide lettuce leaves among 4 plates.
- Arrange the remaining ingredients evenly on top.
Drizzle salad if needed with your favorite low-calorie/low-fat dressing or vinaigrette.
Serve and Enjoy!
Nutrition facts: Calories 354; protein 42g; Carbs 9g; Fat 17g