From your Bariatric Nutrition Team
If you’re in the mood for a warm, flavorful and filling dish, look no further than this one-pan meal.
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 ½ – 3 cups of cooked chicken (can use precooked rotisserie chicken)
- 3 cups (1/2 inch) cubed, peeled, butternut squash (can purchase precut)
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 (12oz.) package whole-wheat gnocchi
- ¾ cup reduced sodium chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. prepared pesto
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh sage (or 1 tsp. of dried)
- ½ tsp. chopped garlic
- 5 oz. baby spinach, chopped
- 1 oz. Parmesan cheese, grated (about ¼ cup)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in pan over medium. Add squash and onion; cook 8 minutes.
- Add gnocchi to pan; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add mixture of chicken stock, pesto, sage, garlic and spinach to pan; cook 1 minute.
- Add in cooked chicken; cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Top with cheese.
Nutrition Information: Servings 4, serving size 1 1/4 cup, Calories 415, Fat 12 gms Protein 31gms, Carb 46gms (incl. 7gms fiber)
Recipe adapted from Eating Well.com