From your Bariatric Nutrition Team
Adapted from Cooking Light magazine
Need an idea for using up that leftover watermelon? Try this refreshing salad that takes only 15 minutes to prep and pairs well with fish, chicken or steak.
Makes four servings.
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 cups watermelon chunks
- 1 avocado, chopped
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
- Whisk together lime juice, olive oil, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add watermelon, avocado, onion and mint.
- Toss gently to mix and enjoy immediately.
Nutrition Information (per serving): 165 calories; 2g protein; 23g carbohydrates; 4g fiber, 15g sugars; 9g fat (1g saturated fat); 150mg sodium