From your Bariatric nutrition team
Summer may be coming to a close, but there is still plenty of warm weather for grilling. Serve this beautiful dish as a vegetarian main course paired with a side salad or as a side dish paired with your favorite protein, such as grilled chicken or fish, for a delicious satisfying meal.
- 1 (5 oz.) package baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 (12 oz.) package frozen artichoke hearts, thawed and roughly chopped
- 2 oz. cream cheese softened or mascarpone
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup plus 2 tsp. grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 4 large portobello mushrooms, wiped clean, stems and gills removed
- Heat grill to medium heat.
- While grill is heating, brush the mushrooms with olive oil and season with salt and pepper and place on a tray, cup side up.
- Combine the spinach, artichoke hearts, cream cheese, ¼ cup grated cheese, crushed red pepper flakes and salt & pepper.
- Fill the mushrooms with the spinach mixture and sprinkle with 2 tsp. grated cheese.
- Place mushrooms directly on the grill and cook for approximately 15 minutes or until the mushrooms look cooked (but not too soft) and have nice grill marks on bottom.
Nutrition Information per serving: 177 Calories; 8g Protein; 15g Carbs; 10g Fat