Mather Hospital’s Stroke Center is comprised of specially trained doctors, nurses and clinical staff who work in a dedicated 4-bed unit that provides rapid diagnosis and treatment of brain attack symptoms.
The center includes:
- Stroke team comprised of neurologists, radiologists, certified stroke emergency physicians, and emergency department staff – for immediate intervention;
- A monitored Stroke Care Unit where patients are cared for by a medical team that includes a neurologist, physician assistants, and nurses with advanced stroke training;
- State-of-the-art diagnostic technology including an ultra-high speed CT scanner, which provides doctors with accurate results within one minute;
- The latest, most effective treatments to reduce brain damage and speed up recovery, including t-PA (the clot-dissolving therapy for ischemic stroke);
- Community education programs and stroke risk screenings.