Mather Hospital’s Stroke Center is comprised of specially trained doctors, nurses and clinical staff who provide rapid diagnosis and treatment of brain attack symptoms. In recognition of its quality care for stroke patients, Mather Hospital received the 2022 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award.
The center includes:
- Stroke Team, which includes neurologists, radiologists, certified stroke Emergency Physicians, and Emergency Department Staff – for immediate intervention;
- A Monitored Stroke Care Unit where patients are cared for by a medical team that includes a neurologist and physician assistants and nurses with advanced stroke training;
- State-of-the-art diagnostic technology including an ultra-high speed CT scanner, which provides doctors with accurate results within one minute;
- The latest, most effective treatments to reduce brain damage and speed recovery, including t-PA (the clot-dissolving therapy for ischemic stroke);
- Community education programs and stroke risk screenings.