The Nursing Executive Council provides leadership and direction to all Nursing Councils. It serves as a clearinghouse for issues being presented and disseminates them to the appropriate Council for action. In addition, the Nursing Executive Council provides final approval for all Nursing Council recommendations.
The purpose of the Nursing Executive Council is to:
- Ensure nursing representation on hospital interdisciplinary committees.
- Collaborate with the VP for Nursing to lead the annual goal setting process for the Division of Nursing.
- Delegate initiatives to the appropriate Nursing Council(s).
- Review and approve recommended revisions to all Nursing Council bylaws.
- Provide guidance and support to the chairs and chair-elects of all Councils.
- Develop and review an annual operations calendar for the purpose of planning Council activities.
- Review the annual report submitted by each Nursing Council and provide feedback and direction based on information submitted.
Membership shall include the following:
- CNO Vice President for Nursing
- Assistant Vice President for Behavioral Health
- Assistant Vice President Nursing Professional Development
- Assistant Vice President Nursing Emergency Services and Critical Care
- Director for Surgical Services
- Director of Service Excellence and Magnet
- Director for Nursing Quality and Stroke Coordinator
- Director for Med/Surg and Nursing Recruitment
- Coordinator for Nursing Research
- Ad Hoc members: Representatives from Nursing such as Nurse Managers or from non-nursing areas when the area is involved in clinical practice. Representatives will attend those meetings when their materials/requests are being reviewed for approval or when education issues affect nursing within that setting.