The Nursing Executive Council provides leadership and direction to all Nursing Councils. It serves as a clearinghouse for issues being presented and disseminates them to the appropriate Council for action. In addition, the Nursing Executive Council provides final approval for all Nursing Council recommendations.
The purpose of the Nursing Executive Council is to:
- Ensure nursing representation on hospital interdisciplinary committees.
- Collaborate with the VP for Nursing to lead the annual goal setting process for the Division of Nursing.
- Delegate initiatives to the appropriate Nursing Council(s).
- Review and approve recommended revisions to all Nursing Council bylaws.
- Provide guidance and support to the chairs and chair-elects of all Councils.
- Develop and review an annual operations calendar for the purpose of planning of Council activities.
Membership shall include the following:
- CNO Vice President for Nursing
- Assistant Vice President for Behavioral Health
- Assistant Vice President for Nursing
- Director for Nursing Professional Development
- Director for Surgical Services
- Director of Service Excellence and Magnet
- Director for Med/Surg and Nursing Recruitment
- Director of Patient and Customer Experience
- Director for Medical Surgical Services
- Nursing Director for Cardiac Cath Services
- Director for Nursing Informatics
- Coordinator for Nursing Research
- Ad Hoc members: Representatives from Nursing such as Nurse Managers or from non-nursing areas when the area is involved in clinical practice. Representatives will attend those meetings when their materials/requests are being reviewed for approval or when education issues affect nursing within that setting.