From your Bariatric Nutrition Team
This simple and delicious recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or even for entertaining.
- 1 lb. extra-large raw shrimp (cleaned and deveined)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. Old Bay or your favorite seafood seasoning
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- Juice from 1 lime
- Grilling skewers (if you have wooden skewers soak in water first to avoid burning)
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- Thread 5 to 6 shrimp on skewer (to get the shrimp to lie flat while grilling try threading each shrimp through the side of the body and then through the tail end).
- Brush shrimp with olive oil and then sprinkle liberally with the Old Bay or seafood seasoning and then with a little of the cayenne.
- Place skewers on the grill and cover. Cook shrimp 5 minutes per side. Squeeze lime juice over cooked shrimp.
- Serve over cooked cauliflower rice (you can add the same seasonings used on the shrimp) or serve with your favorite grilled veggies or salad.
Nutrition Information (6 servings): 137 calories; 21g protein; 2g carbs; 4g fat