From your Bariatric Nutrition Team
Chopped veggies, lentils, and a garlicy dressing…yumm! With all the fiber and protein this salad has, it will help you feel fuller longer. Make this in advance to develop all the delicious flavors of this salad. Enjoy as a side dish with your favorite veggies or protein, or as a meal by itself.
Makes six servings
- 2 cups cooked lentils
- ½ English cucumber, chopped(cubed)
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives
- 1 pint of cherry, grape, or small heirloom tomatoes. halved
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup crumbled or cubed feta cheese
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of your favorite vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl mix together the lentils, cucumber, olives, tomatoes, and onion.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the olive oil, vinegar or lemon juice, garlic, honey and salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss. Add the feta cheese and gently toss again. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information per serving: 372 calories; 18g protein; 46 carbs; 8g fiber 14g fat