From Your Bariatric Nutrition Team
Here’s a healthy and easy recipe for all those zucchini that are available this time of year.
- 3 medium zucchini, ends trimmed and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp. olive oil plus more for brushing grill
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brush grill lightly with oil and heat to medium.
- While grill is heating cut zucchini lengthwise and scoop out center leaving approx. 1/4 inch around the sides and bottom.
- Place zucchini cut side down on the grill for approx. 5 min to create grill marks.
- Combine the tomatoes, onion, basil, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl and toss together.
- Remove the zucchini from the grill and fill with the tomato mixture and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Place back on the grill for 5-7 min. until the zucchini boats are heated through.
Nutrition Information: Calories 60; Carbs 5g; Fat 3g; Protein 4g; Sodium 111g; Sugar 4g