Mather Hospital is a 248-bed community teaching hospital and a recognized leader in outstanding patient care and clinical quality. We are:
- One of only 471 hospitals worldwide to be recognized as a Magnet® designated hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for its quality patient care and nursing excellence and innovations.
- The only hospital on Long Island and in the Metropolitan area to receive the top “A” grade for patient safety in the latest ratings from The Leapfrog Group, a national nonprofit organization driving a movement for giant leaps forward in the quality and safety of American health care.
- Consistently ranks among the top Long Island hospitals for overall recommended care and patient satisfaction, according to the HCAHPS patient survey.
- Mather was recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® for 2015. This demonstrates Mather’s commitment to assuring that evidence-based interventions are delivered in the right way at the right time. Mather was recognized as a Top Performer for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, surgical care, stroke and immunization. The Joint Commission is an independent, not-for-profit organization that accredits and certifies nearly 21,000 health care organizations and programs in the United States.
- Mather was ranked 21st out of almost 250 hospitals in New York State in U.S. News & World Report’s annual Best Hospitals rankings. Mather also was rated as “high performing” for three procedures/conditions – Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Colon Cancer Surgery and Heart Failure. Mather’s Transitional Care Unit (TCU) was also rated a Top Performer by U.S. News.
- Mather Hospital is also a major economic driver in the community. According tho the Healthcare Association of New York, Mather Hospital’s annual economic impact is $637,000,000.