Mather Hospital is a 248-bed community teaching hospital and a recognized leader in outstanding patient care and clinical quality. We are:
- One of only 471 hospitals worldwide to be recognized as a Magnet® designated hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for its quality patient care and nursing excellence and innovations.
- Mather is one of only three Long Island hospitals and one of only 11 hospitals statewide to earn the top “A” grade for the Spring 2019 rating period for patient safety in the latest ratings from The Leapfrog Group, a national nonprofit organization driving a movement for giant leaps forward in the quality and safety of American health care.
- Consistently ranks among the top Long Island hospitals for overall recommended care and patient satisfaction, according to the HCAHPS patient survey.
- Mather was recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® for 2015. This demonstrates Mather’s commitment to assuring that evidence-based interventions are delivered in the right way at the right time. Mather was recognized as a Top Performer for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, surgical care, stroke and immunization. The Joint Commission is an independent, not-for-profit organization that accredits and certifies nearly 21,000 health care organizations and programs in the United States.
- Mather was ranked 21st out of almost 250 hospitals in New York State in U.S. News & World Report’s annual Best Hospitals rankings. Mather also was rated as “high performing” for three procedures/conditions – Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), Colon Cancer Surgery and Heart Failure. Mather’s Transitional Care Unit (TCU) was also rated a Top Performer by U.S. News.
- Mather Hospital is also a major economic driver in the community. According tho the Healthcare Association of New York, Mather Hospital’s annual economic impact is $637,000,000.