Mather Hospital is a 248-bed community teaching hospital and a recognized leader in outstanding patient care and clinical quality.
- We are one of only 548 hospitals worldwide to be recognized as a Magnet® designated hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for its quality patient care and nursing excellence and innovations.
- Mather has earned 15 top A ratings for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group, a national nonprofit organization driving a movement for giant leaps forward in the quality and safety of American health care.
- Mather consistently ranks among the top Long Island hospitals for overall recommended care and patient satisfaction, according to the HCAHPS patient survey.
- We were recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® for 2015. This demonstrates Mather’s commitment to assuring that evidence-based interventions are delivered in the right way at the right time. Mather was recognized as a Top Performer for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, surgical care, stroke and immunization. The Joint Commission is an independent, not-for-profit organization that accredits and certifies nearly 21,000 health care organizations and programs in the United States.
- We received the 2020 American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Get With The Guidelines®-Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award with Target: StrokeSM Honor Roll Elite and Target: Type 2 Diabetes Honor Roll.
- Mather Hospital is also a major economic driver in the community. According tho the Healthcare Association of New York, Mather Hospital’s annual economic impact is $687,000,000.