Located adjacent to Mather Hospital, the Thrift Shop offers savvy shoppers great merchandise at great prices. Managed and operated by a customer-oriented team of volunteers, all net proceeds from Thrift Shop sales benefit Mather Hospital.
The Thrift Shop, which has served the community for 40 years, is among the finest in the region. Every effort is made to ensure that merchandise is in near-new condition. Merchandise is replaced on a monthly basis to ensure that shoppers find something new each time they visit.
Our offerings include:
- Designer clothing, plus sizes, vintage clothing, junior clothes, shoes and handbags
- Men’s clothing, ties and shoes
- Household linens, curtains, fabrics and yarns
- Well-known dinnerware patterns and crystal merchandise as well as whimsical bric-a-brac
- Pots, pans, lamps, electrical items (all tested to ensure working order)
- Games, new puzzles and toys
- Holiday merchandise presented seasonally
In addition to public sales, the Thrift Shop has relationships with local community organizations. For example, when donated materials are not viable for sale in the shop, they are offered to Dress for Success, Big Brothers and local shelters. Items such as comforters and blankets are often brought to pet centers.
The Thrift Shop is located at 75 North Country Road, Port Jefferson. Shopping hours are 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday thru Saturday. Contact the Thrift Shop at 473-1320, extension 1-4092.