PORT JEFFERSON, NY ― Mather Hospital will institute limited visitation beginning on Friday, April 2. The change in visitation policy is based on New York State Department of Health updated guidance regarding hospital visitation during the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic.
- Visitation hours will be from 3-6 p.m. every day;
- Patients may have up to two visitors but only one is allowed at the bedside at any given time;
- Inpatient visitation is only allowed in non-COVID med/surg units, critical care units, Transitional Care and adolescent psych;
- Visitation for the adult psychiatric unit will be accommodated by instituting two visitation sessions to be determined by the behavioral health staff during the hours of 3-6pm.;
- An adult will be allowed to accompany a patient during their visit to Mather in our outpatient/same day procedure areas and in our emergency room. The visitor will only be allowed to stay with the patient during the intake and discharge process;
- Exceptions will only be made in extenuating circumstances as determined by hospital staff.
See our full Visitation Policy at https://www.matherhospital.org/patie…/visitor-information/
# # #
About Mather Hospital
Mather Hospital is an accredited 248-bed, non-profit community teaching hospital dedicated to providing a wide spectrum of high-quality healthcare services to Suffolk County residents, showing compassion and respect and treating each patient in the manner we would wish for our loved ones. Mather has twice earned the prestigious Magnet® recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), which recognizes healthcare organizations for quality patient care, nursing excellence and innovations in professional nursing practice. Mather has received 15 “A” ratings for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group. For further information about Mather Hospital, visit www.matherhospital.org or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/matherhospital.
About Northwell Health
Northwell Health is New York State’s largest health care provider and private employer, with 23 hospitals, 830 outpatient facilities and more than 16,600 affiliated physicians. We care for over two million people annually in the New York metro area and beyond, thanks to philanthropic support from our communities. Our 76,000 employees – 18,900 nurses and 4,800 employed doctors, including members of Northwell Health Physician Partners – are working to change health care for the better. We’re making breakthroughs in medicine at the Feinstein Institutes for Medical Research. We’re training the next generation of medical professionals at the visionary Donald and Barbara Zucker School of Medicine at Hofstra/Northwell and the Hofstra Northwell School of Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies. For information on our more than 100 medical specialties, visit Northwell.edu and follow us @NorthwellHealth on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.