Mather Hospital Offers Free Anonymous Online ScreeningsApril 11, 2011
Alcohol plays a regular role in many aspects of society. From a happy hour beer to champagne celebrations, drinking can be a very common part of life. But because it is so common, it is often difficult to recognize when alcohol becomes a problem.
If you find yourself drinking to feel good, or to keep from feeling bad, it might be time to take a closer look.
April is Alcohol Awareness Month and is the perfect time to assess your alcohol dependence. Mather Hospital’s Behavior Health Services is offering free, anonymous online screenings for alcohol, depression, anxiety and other common mental health conditions. The screenings are available at:
If your drinking is causing problems in your life, you have a drinking problem. The following are signs to watch for:
- Feel guilty or ashamed about your drinking.
- Lie to others or hide your drinking habits.
- Have friends or family members who are worried about your drinking.
- Need to drink in order to relax or feel better.
- “Black out??? or forget what you did while you were drinking.
- Regularly drink more than you intended to.
If you think you have a problem, log on today for your free screening.
For further information about