Learn to be Heart Healthy at Cardiowise Café March 20March 4, 2013
Medical and nutritional experts will provide information on heart smart lifestyles and nutrition as well as on the treatment of heart attacks and strokes at John T. Mather Memorial Hospital’s Cardiowise Cafe on Wednesday, March 20 at Lombardi’s on the Sound in Port Jefferson.
The educational event is free to the public but space is limited. Registration is required. To register, call 631-686-7878 or go to www.matherhospital.org/cardio.
Doors open at 9 am with heart healthy breakfast tastings from local restaurants and free health screenings and information. The program begins at 10 am and will consist of:
- Introduction, Peter Bruno, MD, Chief of Cardiology
- Metabolic Syndrome, Shug-Hong Young, MD, cardiologist
- Current Concepts in Anticoagulation, Michael Matilsky, MD, cardiologist
- Stroke: What You Need to Know, Christopher Sinclair, MD, Neurology
- Is that a Heart Attack on Your Plate?, Gemma Saylor, RD,
The event is co-sponsored by Gilead Sciences, Inc., Jefferson’s Ferry Lifecare Retirement Community and Times Beacon Record Newspapers.
John T. Mather Memorial Hospital is an accredited 248-bed, non-profit community hospital dedicated to providing a wide spectrum of high quality healthcare services to Suffolk County residents, showing compassion and respect and treating each patient in the manner we would wish for our loved ones.