Get Heart Smart with Mather Hospital’s Cardiowise Breakfast Bistro on March 28March 6, 2012
Learn heart healthy lifestyle choices and the treatment of heart attacks and strokes at John T. Mather Memorial Hospital’s Cardiowise Breakfast Bistro on Wednesday, March 28 at Lombardi’s on the Sound in Port Jefferson.
The free program, which includes heart healthy breakfast tastings offered by more than a dozen area restaurants, will offer talks by four Mather Hospital medical experts and a registered dietician. Doors open at 9 a.m. and the program begins at 10 a.m. To reserve a seat go to www.matherhospital.org/cardio or call 631-686-7878.
The program will consist of:
- Introduction, Peter Bruno, MD, Chief of Cardiology
- Treatment of Advanced Heart Failure in the 21st Century, David Shenouda, DO, Cardiology
- Acute Coronary Syndromes, Stents and Management of, Jonathan Weinstein, DO, Cardiology
- Everything You Need to Know About Strokes, Anna Leskiv, MD, Neurology
- Little Bites of Nutritional Wisdom, Gemma Saylor, RD, Perfect Plates Program
The event is co-sponsored by Times Beacon Record Newspapers.
John T. Mather Memorial Hospital is an accredited 248-bed, non-profit community hospital dedicated to providing a wide spectrum of high quality healthcare services to Suffolk County residents, showing compassion and respect and treating each patient in the manner we would wish for our loved ones.