Outpatient Chemical Dependency Clinic
Mather Hospital’s Outpatient Chemical Dependency Clinic is an OASAS (Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse Services) licensed program. The program includes trained staff who ensure that each client is treated as an individual and addresses that client’s use/ abuse of alcohol and/or other substances as well as the other areas of their life affected by their chemical dependency.
The Outpatient Alcohol and Substance Abuse Program is based upon the disease concept of alcohol/substance abuse. We support the position that substance abuse is a disease that adversely affects the mind, body and spirit of the individual as well as his or her loved ones. There are various stages of use/abuse/dependency that an individual may be experiencing. At Mather, we believe that recovery can occur with specialized, personal treatment and consistent support.
Outpatient care includes individual and group counseling 1-3 sessions per week. Intensive outpatient care includes 3 hours of treatment per day for 3 days a week for approximately 6 weeks. After intensive care is completed the individual is stepped down to our outpatient level of care
The program provides:
- Comprehensive assessment of the stage of substance use disorder
- Individualized treatment for each person and their family or significant others designed to address the mental, physical, behavioral and spiritual effects of their substance use.
- A variety of counseling and psychiatric services to assist individuals to develop a program of recovery.
- A flexible schedule of services that enables clients to participate in treatment while they continue with their daily responsibilities.
Services available through the program are:
- Individual Counseling
- Specialty Group Counseling
- Family Counseling
- Psychoeducational Groups
- Psychiatric evaluation and management
- Referrals to Community Resources
The Outpatient Chemical Dependency Clinic provides services from Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m.- 9 p.m.; Friday, 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.; and Saturday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
The clinic is located at 100 Highlands Blvd., Suite 101, Port Jefferson, across the street from Mather Hospital.
Contact the clinic at 631-331-8200.