Mather Hospital’s Outpatient Imaging Services Department offers an extensive range of radiological procedures on state-of-the-art equipment, including a low-dose, high speed 320-slice CT scanner. All imaging studies performed at Mather are stored in an electronic database and quickly accessible should you require emergency care or treatment or for any medical needs at Mather.
Imaging procedures at Mather are performed by highly qualified physicians, registered nurses, radiologists and technologists who are assisted by advanced technology. Unlike other facilities, Mather’s Outpatient Imaging Services Department uses Radiology Certified Registered Nurses who are specially trained in assessing patients prior to studies where contrast is administered and to immediately respond to any potential reactions.
The 320-slice CT scanner, a state-of-the-art imaging system cuts not only the time needed for a scan but also the amount of radiation exposure and contrast dye used. Other diagnostic producedures include: MRI, Ultrasound, Mammography, Bone Densitometry, Interventional Radiology, Digital X-Ray, Digital Fluoroscopy, Nuclear Medicine, Stress Testing, Echocardiogram, EKG, EEG and Holter Monitoring.
Our Imaging Services Department has earned American College of Radiology Accreditation in Breast Center, Nuclear Medicine, CT Scan, and MRI Departments. To earn that designation, the ACR reviews personnel qualifications for non-physician medical staff, medical directors and supervising physicians; image quality; equipment performance; safety standards for staff and patients; and quality assurance and quality control.
- Unique and personalized care: You will have a Registered Nurse with you throughout your visit who will explain the procedure, answer any questions that you have and remain by your side, offering the ability to respond to any special needs that may arise during your examination.
- Dedicated technologists: They will go out of their way to earn your trust and make certain that your examination is performed as comfortably as possible. Our technologists have experience dealing with a variety of situations that arise in a hospital setting, thereby gaining valuable knowledge, expertise and training to handle any examination with the utmost precision and accuracy. They take the time to explain your exam and spend all of the time needed to get a high quality study.
- Board Certified, Sub-specialty Radiologists: Our radiologists can view your images quickly and efficiently with digital diagnostic workstation both on site and remotely, enabling your exam to be read extremely fast. Our radiologists are not only board certified in their respective specialties, they also teach future doctors at Stony Brook University School of Medicine. Official results from our radiologists can be generated for some exams within 1-4 hours, although some exam read times may take longer. Your results will be sent to your physician immediately, and available for discussion with a radiologist at any time.
- Courteous and helpful office staff: They will gather your records and get you going quickly.
- Our new wireless digital X-ray machine: Designed for decreased examination time and increased patient comfort.
- Free Valet Parking for our patients.
- Free transportation service for outpatients as needed.
- We participate in most insurance plans.
- Individualized attention and accommodations are given for special needs patients.
- Flexible and convenient scheduling: We offer same day or next day appointments. We also offer evening and weekend hours. No appointment needed for general X-ray. If we don’t offer you what you need, just ask.
To make an appointment for any Imaging Services procedure or for more information please call 631-476-2803.