Eating Disorders Program
The program provides treatment for adolescents and adults affected by eating disorders such as anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and binge eating disorder. Treatment is provided for coexisting psychiatric diagnosis, as needed. This is a comprehensive program designed to treat the physical, psychological, and nutritional aspects of eating disorders. The program includes:
- A structured schedule of therapies designed to assist individuals to manage their emotional, social and behavioral symptoms.
- A supportive environment created by a staff of caring and experienced professionals who focus on the reduction of symptoms through the development and utilization of healthy coping strategies. Our staff includes a psychiatrist, social workers, psychiatric nurse and nutritionist.
- An individualized treatment plan coordinated with the patient’s primary care physician and other outpatient treatment providers. There are separate groups for adolescents and adults.
- Two supportive therapeutic meals - lunch and dinner - are served daily.
- Free and anonymous screenings are offered every Wednesday from 12:30-2 p.m. Call 473-3877 Ext. 4853 for an appointment.
Adolescent Eating Disorder: during the school year when tutoring is required, 12 pm-7 pm.
Intensive Outpatient is conducted Monday - Friday 4-7 pm.
Additional Supportive Meal
In addition to dinner a supportive lunch meal is now provided daily.
Transportation for Adolescents in the Eating Disorders Partial
May be available to and from the program if needed.